- Detailed design, tender documents, bidding and contracting procedures in respect of:
- Production halls; offices; social facilities; canteens; material depots; paint shops; parking areas, accessroads and internal road system
- Complete water supply, drainage and sewerage systems; electrical installations including lighting
- Ventilation system; air-conditioning
- Telephone, telex and intercom system
- Fire detection and alarm systems and fire fighting installations and equipment
The design was prepared in compliance with thetechnical layout provided by Daimler Benz AG.
- Construction supervision.
The Daimler Benz AG and a consortium of Nigerian authorities entrusted DORSCH CONSULT with the detailed design, preparation of tender documents, bidding and contracting procedures and construction supervision of a commercial vehicle manufacturing plant comprising nine production and administration buildings. The plant’s floor space covers 42 000 m², affording a capacity of 7000 vehicles per year.
The production halls are steel frame structures which eliminate obstructive bracing members. The frame legs are restrained at the footings. The roofing consists of corrugated aluminium sheets. The walls are constructed of brick parapets with aluminium louvres for ventilation or continuous windows.
The administration building is a two-storey reinforced concrete skeleton structure with filled-in brick masonry. An underground tank with booster station is provided for the water supply system, and a circular tank with cone for waste water treatment.